- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Grated chocolate, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour, brandy and ginger.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, three at a time, 3 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 30-45 seconds. Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a thick wooden spoon handle. (If cookies become to cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.) Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and brandy; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, pipe cream mixture into cookies. Sprinkle ends with chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
- Unfilled snaps will hold in the refrigerator for 2 -3 days in an airtight container
Eggnog Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP rum or 2 tsp rum extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
and mix on high for about 2 minutes when all cream will be fluffy. Beat in the sugar until it has stiff peaks. Slowly add the extracts and nutmeg one at a time making sure there are stiff peaks before you add the next ingredient. Using a star tip for your pastry bag, slowly fill brandy snaps. You can leave ends plain or use chocolate sprinkles on them.