Monday, January 15, 2018

Kidney Cancer

Well, this surely is not how I wanted to start the new year, but trouble is no respecter of persons.

Back in October I went to a pain management clinic to try to do something about chronic sciatica. I had a cruise coming up and I didn't want to deal with the pain anymore. One of the things the doctor there ordered was an MRI of my back so he could see where my pain was emanating from. I went back a week later and he mentioned that a few cysts showed up on my kidneys and I should probably go see my primary care doctor to have an ultrasound done. I almost blew it off, but  decided it would be smarter to see my doc, who ordered the ultrasound and it showed not only cysts, but that the right kidney was enlarged. She referred me to a Urologist. I have to say that I really liked him the moment I met him. He was thorough about my health background and we also talked about my family. He ordered a CT scan with dye to get a better view of what was going on. He wasn't concerned at all and said to enjoy the Christmas holiday, then get the scan and come back in the beginning of the new year.  I got my scan done Jan 2 and had an appointment for the results on Jan 4.  I don't know about how hospitals and doctors work where you live, but here all my docs are connected to one hospital which assigns you a patient portal online to keep up with your visits and results of your lab/xrays etc. I decided to look at mine the next afternoon and saw that yes I did have hydronephrosis (water) of the right kidney, but that they found cancer in the left kidney. I printed it out and took it upstairs to read to my husband, and while I didn't cry, I did notice a funny shift in my voice as I got to the part about renal cell cancer. Who expects something like that? I know I sure didn't. I don't think I've ever met someone with kidney cancer. Apparently the type I have been diagnosed with is fairly rare - of course! I have to say though, that I don't feel any deep fear, haven't cried, just feel at peace - that may change as time goes on, but for now, I am good.

The next day I went to see the doctor and he was so sweet. He saw me coming in and called me over to a computer he was looking at. He explained the hydronephrosis was caused by a stone and possibly something I was born with but that the left kidney is the one he wanted to talk to me about. I told him I had read the report and then he showed me the area. We went into his office and he told me I was the first thing he thought of in the morning thinking how am I going to tell this lovely lady that I found cancer when it wasn't even expected. I am the kind of person that just wants the facts so I can deal with them, so he drew some pictures to explain that he wasn't sure if the blockage in the right kidney was caused by the stone rolling around or something else, but at any rate, before we can concentrate on the left kidney, we have to make sure the right kidney is working well. So his plan is to operate on that one first and make sure its working properly and then do a partial removal of the left kidney. It does appear it hasn't spread into the lymph nodes which is good and he thinks it is Stage 1, which, if you are getting a cancer diagnosis is about the best it can be. You can see the dark area here that is the problem


It is what he called a serendipitous finding - when you find something you weren't looking for on an xray looking for something in a different area. Most people don't get diagnosed till they are Stage IV because there are no markers for it. I had no symptoms, my lab work was perfect. There was nothing to even hint at this. I wrote a letter to my pain management doc to let him know and he called a few days later. He said he was so sorry how it turned out, he has never had anyone have this result, but now he said he will be careful to say that it is best to get it done, because of how it turned out for me...so maybe I will end up helping some people down the line.

So, that's it in a nutshell, prayers of course are welcomed and I will be keeping this updated as  things go on. I figure if someone happens upon this who is dealing with the same thing, maybe my journey can help them on theirs. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,Lupus,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete