Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I'm Radioactive!

     Well, yesterday I went to Nuclear Medicine to get a renal scan - pretty easy to have done - other than trying to find a vein in my arm - I have veins that liked to run and hide when they got stuck. After one try, the tech got someone else who used a teeny tiny needle meant for children to get the IV started, then they shoot you up with radio isotopes and lasix and you just lay on your back for a long time! However, because of the lasix  you have to urinate every 5 minutes because it stresses the kidneys - and I had an hour drive home! I must have stopped in every place that had a necessary! I hit the office twice before I left, the McDonalds in Glenmont, the Stewarts in Coxsackie, Cumberland Farms in Catskill and the library in Cairo as I had books to return! I was SO glad to get home!

They gave me the above  card to carry because I will be radioactive for 5 days - and told me to especially stay away from children and pregnant women. I made a quick stop in the dollar store, making sure there were no kids and then came home. All the way home all I could  think of was the song I'm Radioactive by the Firm - I know there is another song  called Radioactive by Imagine Dragons, but its The Firm I remember playing in the car all the time. Thought you younger folk might like to give it a listen - you gotta love the clothes and hair of the time! 




That's it till next week when I get to have a CAT scan of my lungs - there are sure a lot of hoops to jump through for this, but better they are informed than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment