Sunday, November 6, 2016

Day 6 Genealogy Challenge - Favorite Photo



The Cousins

This photo has always been my favorite. When my mother was young, she and her cousins were her and her sister's ages. There are many pictures of them together, but I think this one just shows the joy they had being together. The  clothing they wore was made by their mothers who were talented seamstresses and often made them matching outfits. They must have been quite a sight walking down the street - all tow heads with big blue eyes. I can only imagine what it was like getting the series of photos they took this particular day. I am guessing there was a lot of laughter, maybe a little jockeying for postition and moms telling them to behave and pull their socks up. They were all descendants of Peter and Ernestine Riess who I wrote about a few days ago - Phyllis, Dolly, Sonny, Eleanor and Dolly's twin  Doris. I think this was Easter morning - if my godfather Sonny sees this, he can clue me in!


No comments:

Post a Comment